Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bruce Walker has a scathing article about Academia, as he calls it. I never liked the term, but I was out of sync with it when I was part of it. He has a lot of good quotes:
History departments for the last twenty years have been in utter denial regarding the Cold War (John Earl Haynes and Harvey Klehr have written an entire book about this subject). Soviet infiltration of America was worse than almost anyone had believed in the 1950s. The redundant, corroborating, incontestable evidence from Venona, KGB files, GRU files, and other sources is simply overwhelming. Yet academia still pretends that rogue anti-Communists during the 1950s savaged many innocent lives.
I recall clearly the left-leaning professors I took classes with. When I left that environment, I like others taught my students what I'd been taught. It takes a while to get you head clear and get out of that trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment