Monday, August 10, 2009

A Prius, a Tahoe, and Me

Brent Littlefield, a Republican startegist, comments positively about the Cash for Clunkers program, the most positive thing to come out of the Obama administration among many bad ideas. Give taxpayers the freedom to spend their own money, and the economy will grow, he says.

Absolutely, true. I took advantage of the program myself, trading in a 1999 Chevy Tahoe for a 2010 Toyota Prius. The Tahoe was a good vehicle, but it had developed potential problems that I didn't want to fix, and I loved getting $4,500 for it.

The Prius is shown on the day before we actually bought it. Click to enlarge.

I love the Prius. It still has less than 500 miles on it and I'm still driving on the gas the dealer gave me. I'll report back later on my experience with the car, especially the gas mileage. In the meantime you can check out this site for someone who has plenty of experience with these vehicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment