Monday, August 31, 2009

Looking back

I started this blog less than a month ago, and this will be my 65th post. I don't know what inspired me and created such an outpouring of activity. Apparently I needed a outlet for excessive energy, but I think that the explosion of the health care debate played a larger role. This issue is close to me because of my own health issues and my attitudes about politics and the economy.

I blogged a few years ago and enjoyed it. My posts were linked to classes that I was teaching at the time, and I think I was able to give students something extra that they could not get in the classroom. If I had had access to an internet connection in the classroom, which is more common now, then that would have worked as well. I tried to post something every day, and keep up with the course.

I don't know what the future of this blog will be. Some bloggers are able to keep up their pace for years. I don't see how some of them have the time that's required. That's not a problem with me. A sense of fatigue may set in, but at this point I hope not. I'm not writing this blog for anyone else. You could just call it a hobby. Well, I don't hunt, I don't fish....

No comments:

Post a Comment