Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mike Ross (D-AR), leader of the Blue Dogs, spoke to a business group Monday and make several comments on health care. He said, "I cannot support a public option, because I came home, I listened to the people, and I can tell you people made it clear to me they don't want the government in the health-insurance business." Left-wingers are not happy with him (see here) and claim he is obligated to the health insurance industry. Ross said that less than half of one percent of his donations have come from this source. Yes, but that is still suspicious to me. Many politicians like to site a percentage, but a low percentage may mask quite a large number of dollars. Still, he is taking heat from both sides.

He was disingenuous in other ways too. He said we are paying for the uninsured now and that health-care rationing is going on now. Both contain an element of truth, but overstated. We are probably not seeing anything like we will see under Obamacare. Many people won't see a doctor unless it's an emergency. I used to be like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment