Wednesday, September 7, 2011

No boomer inheritance

Many baby boomers are not planning on leaving their children an inheritance. OK, I'm not a boomer, but I agree entirely.
Carol Willison has made lots of financial sacrifices for her two children over the years, including paying most of her older daughter's medical school tuition. But Willison's generosity has reached its limits.

Not only doesn't the 60-year-old Seattle woman plan to leave her daughters an inheritance when she dies, she's trying to spend every last dime on herself before she goes.

"My goal is when they carry me away in that box that my bank account is going to say zero," Willison said. "I'm going to spoil myself now."
I like this quote:  “Unlike previous generations, some baby boomers believe they’ve already given their children enough, and they plan to spend the money they’ve saved on themselves.”

No comments:

Post a Comment