Sunday, March 25, 2012

Health crisis

Several weeks ago, I considered giving notice that I could not continue my blog for the unforeseeable future. But I found my problems hard to put in words. At first I did not even want to tell family and friends about what I faced and what my feelings were. In the past few weeks I have been overwhelmed with a series health problems that involved four hospitalizations, including major surgery. In addition, tomorrow I am facing another surgery, my second.

My most serious problem is kidney cancer. I have had a kidney removed, but the cancer may still be present. I am going to have to see an oncologist about further treatment. I have another cancer in my jaw that is, fortunately, separate from the one in my kidney. My ENT doctor is scheduled to remove this tumor tomorrow.

I have tentatively decided to blog about these problems. I'm not sure what good it will do but I've heard of people who have emailed family and friends about their medical problems. But I'm a blogger, so that's the way I will do it.

I don't know how much detail to go into. My desire is that writing about these problems will make me feel better. We'll see. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment