Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Leaving the hospital in the broad daylight

I was discharged from the hospital this morning but it took almost an hour for me to leave the building. After Transportation was called for, they arrived fairly soon, but some complications set in, and I eventually had to secure the assistance of a doctor and a nurse who were kind enough to lead me to the front entrance where my wife was waiting for me. I was not upset at all. It was fun to walk out of a hospital while wearing a bloody bandage on my head and a drainage bottle danging down on my chest.

But this was the only time I have left a hospital depressed rather than elated that I had escaped with my life again.

I had a tumor removed from my face as was the parotid gland. Most such tumors are benign, but mine was malignant. I am still wearing a bandage on my face.

I believe I've come through this surgery fine. I was in the hospital only for one night.

Reading between the lines about my overall condition, I think doctors are hiding information from me about the real state of my health. They are not actually concealing it from me, but they know how bad it probably is, but they won't tell me the truth in plain language. I will soon see an oncologist and I expect to find out from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment