Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Megan McArdle buys online like the rest of us

Glenn Reynolds has a great post on a Megan McArdle column:

It's kind of embarassing how often I see the UPS man.
My household has made extravagent use of the benefits of Amazon Prime.  We order grocery staples, hardware, paper goods, electronic accessories, air filters for the furnace, and oh yeah, sometimes books.  The brown truck stops in front of our house several times a week.  Since I am almost always the one who answers the door, I am beginning to worry that our unusually young and good looking UPS guy thinks there is an ulterior motive behind the volume of our orders.
At least I'm not alone.  Almost certainly, you, too are ordering more and more of your merchandise via an online retailer.  There's nothing wrong with that, of course.  But it gets a little sketchy when you start visiting big box retailers like Best Buy and Target so that you can have a look at the goods--and then place your order on Amazon.com.  
Megan McArdle's column is great as well. I'm an Amazon Prime member, and have ordered quite a bit from Amazon, thought not to the extent as Ms. McArdle. I purchased a Kindle Fire, which I really like. Like her, I've gone to stores many times to look at items, including books, ant then to go home and order them from Amazon. What do I like about Amazon? 1. The price and 2. The reviews. I was, however, surprised to read some of her predictions. Best Buy will go the way of Circuit City?

No comments:

Post a Comment