Saturday, January 28, 2012

Loving or hating old TV programs

Ann Althouse is thinking that the TV shows she liked in the 1960s or whatever seem insufferable now. I have that feeling too. Today I dislike watching shows like MASH because it's just left-wing pacifism. Gunsmoke is barely tolerable, Bonanza is too dumb for words, but the Twilight Zone is still good. The original Star Trek is good. I can't stand documentaries with old news readers like Walter Cronkite or Dan Rather.

I used to watch the Andy Griffith show until he appeared in AARP commercials supporting Obamacare. What a turn off!

There have been periods in my life when I watched little or no TV. I look back on those times with fondness. One of those years was parts of 1961 and 1962. I never missed it.

When I come across 70s shows with all of that long hair, I just keep clicking my remote. Those shows are unwatchable.

No comments:

Post a Comment