Thursday, January 12, 2012

My new Kindle Fire is a hit

Well, I received my Kindle Fire last evening. It worked well right out of the box, which contained nothing else except a slip of paper showing how to turn it on. The manual, which you may not need, is loaded onto the device. The Fire hooked up with my wifi easily. It was fully charged.

I thought it was cool, a beautiful device. It's not heavy, but it is a little heavier than I expected. The screen is slick, the color brilliant, the operation intuitive. I had seen one previously in Sam's Club, but did not buy it because I wanted to avoid the sales tax.

The Kindle Fire was already registered to me using my Amazon account, and my books, movies, and other content were already available. My books opened at the place that I had already read to.

If you are familiar with Amazon, you will find that it works the same way. You can make purchases on it, which is of course all too easy.

I'm very pleased. I had doubts about the purchase. Maybe I should buy an iPad, I thought, and maybe I will later. But I've been reading books using my iPhone Kindle app, which works well, except I realized the need for a larger screen, and I like the Kindle Fire's price.

I recommend the Kindle Fire highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment